Lesson 4: Form Design
Try This: Do the following steps
1. Open your Brown Bag Lunch database. Or,
you may download
BBL Adv ver4.accdb
2. Create a Form with the Form Wizard. Use tblReceiptProducts as the
Record Source and select all available Fields. Select the Datasheet
Layout. Name the Form: ReceiptProductsSubform.
3. Use the Form Tools in Design View to
format the datasheet with alternating Row colors.
4. Select the ProductID Text Field and
delete the Control and the Label.
5. Create a Combo Box Control and select
tblProducts as the Record Source. Choose ProductId and Item from the
available Fields. Sort the Items Ascending. Hide the Key Column (ProductID).
Select ProductID to Store in tblReceiptProducts. Enter a Label:
Products. Finish the Wizard.
6. Select the new Combo Box use the
Property Sheet to change the name to ProductsCombo.
7. Use the Form Design Tools->Design to
change the Tab Order so that the DateReceipt is first, ProductsCombo is
second and Memo is third.
8. Save your changes. Test the Form in
Datasheet View. Does the Products Combo work?
9. Close the Subform.
Close the Brown Bag Lunch database.