Lesson 10: Strategies for Archiving
Try This: Do the following steps
1. Open your Brown Bag Lunch database
Or, you may download
BBL Adv ver10.accdb
2. Edit the Products Table, tblProducts, in
Design View. Add the following Fields:
Field Name: Discontinued, Data Type: Yes/No
Field Name: Reason, Data Type: Memo
Save the changes and close the Table.
3. Create a Select Query in Design View.
Select tblProducts as the Record Source. Add all of the Fields to the
QBE Grid. Run the Query to test it. Return to the Design View.
4. Add a Criteria to the Type Field:
“Snacks” Run the Query to test it. Return to the Design View.
5. Change this Select Query to an Update
Update Discontinued to Yes.
Update Memo to: "Not interested in this
6. Save the Query as ProductDiscontinedUQ.
7. Run the ProductDiscontinuedUQ Update
Query and confirm that the data in the Products Table was changed.
8. Close the Update Query.
9. Close the Brown Bag Lunch database.